About our Client
Our client is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. In 2012, they celebrated 125 years of providing clients strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Their international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. Funds under management by our client and their subsidiaries were in excess of C$500 billion as of March 31, 2012.
This role is primarily responsible for the sale of financial and insurance products through meetings with small and medium sized businesses within a defined territory. The Licensed Consultant is responsible for meeting individual quarterly and annual sales and productivity targets.
• Responsible for meeting with prospective small business clients within a defined territory for the purpose of selling Manulife Products
• Manage individual appointments and coordinate with the Inside Sales team on additional potential leads and contacts to create and maintain significant sales momentum in a defined territory
• Some requirement for external facing presentations to groups of advisors for education/training/awareness purposes
• Responsible for maintaining/renewing a Life License and for completing all requisite educational credits
• Participate in focus groups and recommend improvements regarding CRM processes and enhancement, sales and contact management, and over all operating efficiencies.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• College or University degree in a related field
• Must be open to obtain 'Life License' within the first three months of hire (all cost covered by the client) OR, must have current Life License to sell in Quebec; 2+ years preferred
• Group sales experience in the financial services industry is an asset
• Solid knowledge of group products and an understanding of local financial markets
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills together with strong active listening skills; an entrepreneurial approach is beneficial
• Successful completion of industry related courses (or working towards completion of industry related courses)
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills
• Proven ability to take initiative, be a strong self-manager and display professionalism
• Excellent presentation skills and understanding of distance learning tools (e.g. Webinars)
• Take personal accountability when acting on all customer requests
• Set challenging individual objectives; drive to achieve objectives
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
• Must prioritize tasks quickly
• Strong sales aptitude
• Bilingual English/French
Compensation: 45-55K with commission (Total expected around 80K)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.