My name is Robert Suarez and I am currently seeking a Quality Lab Tech . This position will be in Montreal, QB. Details for the positions are as follows;
PAY: $15 to $16 HRLY
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to support the company's laboratory and sensory needs for F12 priorities:
-to provide sensory test support for flavor testing, liquid changes, qualification and shelf life studies
- to provide organization to our flavor library, documenting incoming materials and trading out old materials for new
Decision Making: This role influences decisions by providing true and accurate test data for ingredient qualifications and formulation work. Accuracy, timeliness and independent thinking are very important for this role to be successful. The risk of failure is a slow or inaccurate response to a pressing business need. Risks include not executing test methodology with excellence resulting in delays in timelines.
Financial Responsibility: None
Management Responsibility: None
Complexity of Role: This role requires technical expertise in alcohol dilution calculations and sensory knowledge. This role will also require the person to function in the sensory department setting up test panels, shelf life studies and performing sensory analysis. This individual must have computer and data interpretation skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. *** the majority of the time in this role will be in a lab setting.
1. To produce analytical data quality at a 99% confidence level. To maintain turnaround targets.
2. To provide testing expertise and understanding of testing in the sensory lab.
3. To assist Senior Scientists in experimental design, management and test needs for research projects requested by the laboratory's customers.
4. To generate technical reports and data summaries for testing and studies conducted
5. To maintain inventory of samples awaiting testing; placement of samples into storage and retrieval of samples as needed.
6. Assist in general lab cleaning activities and organization of supplies for sensory testing purposes.
BS in food or sensory sciences preferred, also willing to hire college students working towards this degree. Previous basic lab experience is required. Must have good written and verbal communication skills and good computer skills.
This is a full time position but the manager would be willing to consider a part time schedule (15+ hours per week) for a qualified student (while in school- once classes finish they would be expected to work full time in the summer). If you qualify and are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!!
Location: Montreal, QB
Compensation: $15 to $16 HRLY
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.