Are you in the Ottawa, Montreal or surrounding area and looking for meaningful work? One of our clients is looking for someone to work out of their Montreal office to be the sole IT person in that area.
This System Support Specialist will be responsible for a combination of hands on technical support and networking.
The position will be a part time one-year renewable contract with three workings days of Monday, Wednesday and Friday preferably.
The successful candidate MUST be fluently bilingual and have a valid driver's license and vehicle. The candidate will be based out of downtown Montreal but will need to travel between sites from time to time. The ideal candidate, although not essential, will come from a real estate background or have worked in a large organization.
Desktop and User Support
• Provide first and second level technical support to users both onsite and on the phone; escalate support issues when necessary
• Respond to user's calls, computer problems, system requirements and requests in a prompt and courteous manner
• Install, troubleshoot and configure desktop/laptop computer hardware and software; perform move/add/change requests
• Provide informal training to users on applications and systems; coordinate software training programs
• Prioritize, schedule and manage work to be performed
Server and Network Support
• Install, configure and troubleshoot server and network hardware
• Install, configure and troubleshoot server applications and operating systems
• Administer local and wide area networks
• Manage regional data backups and restores
• Manage network printers and multifunction digital copier/printer/scanner devices
• Monitor and review system performance and capacity, recommend improvements
Procurement and Budgeting
• Initiate regional equipment purchases and provide input in IT budgeting process
• Maintain hardware and software inventories
• Develop and maintain documentation on local and wide area networks and computer equipment, configuration information, product licenses, and other documentation and records as required
• Participate in corporatewide IT projects and perform other duties as assigned by manager
• Technical Skills -- Solid knowledge of desktop hardware and software, including Windows XP/Vista/7 and Microsoft Office 2003 / 2010; excellent familiarity with server hardware and software (HP Proliant servers, MS Windows Server 2000/2003), TCP/IP networking and data communications equipment; good understanding of wireless networking, Virtual Private Networking and server virtualization concepts; experience with Blackberry and Apple mobile devices support.
• Language Skills -- Fluently bilingual in English and French.
• Relationship Skills - Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; ability to exercise confidentiality; strong customer focus and service orientation
• Organizational/Multi-Tasking Skills - Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes; excellent technical, problem solving skills; ability to self-motivate, self-manage and work independently with minimal direction; highly organized; flexible to scheduling
Education and Experience
• IT related Degree or Diploma; 3 or more years experience in a desktop and network technical support role
• Microsoft Certified Professional, other industry certifications
• Real estate industry experience, JD Edwards software experience an asset
• Valid Driver's license and means of transportation
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Qualified candidates can forward their resume to email@example.com or apply online
Please note that only those deemed qualified will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Compensation: Based on expereince
This is a part-time job.
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.